How to lodge your passport application
The Embassy works on an appointment basis for passports. Please note the following:
- Only ONE applicant may lodge his/her passport application at the appointment booked. If you have a family, please make sure to book a separate appointment for each applicant.
- When you go to the booking page and hover the mouse over each service, information regarding this service will appear on the right hand side of the screen. Please read this information carefully to make sure you are booking the right appointment.
- If you are uncertain as to the requirements for applying for a passport, please contact us at +2 02 27706600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book an appointment, click here
As of 1 July 2015, all Australian citizens must lodge their passport application in person. We are not able to accept applications by mail or courier. This helps us to protect you, by protecting the security and integrity of your Australian passport. For further advice, please contact us by phone +2 02 27706600 or email email@example.com.
Please note that child applications should be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for the child. The parent or person lodging the application is not required to be an Australian citizen, but will need to bring photographic proof of their own identity to the appointment.
As of 1 January 2016, a child who is 16 or 17 years old at the time of lodgement will be issued a 10 year validity passport. While a parent or person with parental responsibility will still be required to lodge the application, the 16 or 17 year old applicant will also be required to present in person. The application fee will be the same as for an adult passport.
Passport Fees as of 1 January 2017
- 10-year passport for persons aged 18 and over AUD 380
- 10-year passport for children aged 16 and 17 AUD 329
- 5-year passport for children under 16 years AUD 191
- 5-year passport option for persons aged 75 and over AUD 242
Fees are paid in Egyptian Pounds (EGP) according to the exchange rate applicable at the time of lodging the passport application. The fees in EGP are available on the appointment booking page.
Online passport application forms and other related information are available at the passports website: www.passports.gov.au.