DIRECT AID PROGRAM
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a flexible, small grants program which focuses on relieving humanitarian hardship and advancing developmental objectives in Egypt, Sudan and Eritrea.
The Australian Government’s Direct Aid Program (DAP) supports projects that focus on:
• alleviating poverty
• enhancing community health and education
• developing small-scale infrastructure
• supporting rural development
• raising the standard of living, especially of disadvantaged groups, including by improving their access to opportunities for economic activity, decision-making, and social and cultural participation and inclusion.
We will look for projects that:
• Are participatory in nature, and have involved the beneficiaries in the identification, design and management of the project
• Address the needs of vulnerable or disadvantaged groups, including women, children and the disabled
• Address poverty alleviation, community health, environment and education, human rights, rural development or gender equality. We may also consider disaster relief operations
• Have a lasting developmental outcome, either by creating infrastructure or building sustainable human or organisational capacity
• Can be completed within one year, or a maximum of two years.
We will not support projects such as:
• Those for the purchase of vehicles
• Those for any activities that cannot demonstrate a direct developmental outcome, as listed above
• Micro-finance projects or micro-credit schemes that involve a return of money
• Those involving payment for items of a recurrent nature, such as staff salaries, office rental and utility costs, spare parts, supplies, routine maintenance or repairs.
More information on the Direct Aid program and advice for applicants can be found here.
The Australian Embassy in Cairo is pleased to invite community groups, local NGOs, academic institutions or other organisations engaged in development activities in Egypt, Sudan and Eritrea to submit Expression of Interest for funding under its Direct Aid Program (DAP) for the year 2017-18
Applications for Direct Aid Program (DAP) 2017/18 are now closed.
Council for Australian-Arab Relations (CAAR) Grants
The 2018-19 Council for Australian-Arab Relations (CAAR) Grants Round seeks applications for projects that enhance Australia's economic, cultural and social relations with the Arab world. The projects can take place in either Australia or the Arab world, but must have an Australian partner. Applications for 2018-19 round open 5 February 2018.
For more information on key dates and how to apply please click here
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Australian Aid
The Australian Government\'s overseas aid program is improving the lives of millions of people in developing countries. Australia is working with the governments and people of developing countries to deliver aid where it is most needed and most effective.
Further information on Australian Aid to the Middle East and North Africa, please click here.